Since 2009, Across has institutionalised an Organizational Development Desk, to strengthen the organization in a variety of ways as well as to develop and monitor the organizational strategy. In 2010, an Institutional Development (ID) Department was established, which envisions to include the following functions - as part of the current organizational outlook up to 2014: the Across Information Office, an Organizational Development desk, a Donor Relations desk, a Research & Documentation desk, and an integrated function of Networking and Advocacy.
The ID department sets out to build a stronger organization by enhancing the organizational performance, and raising the organizational profile - to become more effective in our ministry.It serves Across to have or be:
1. Mission-focussed. To clearly define and internalise our Core Product and Ministry Approach.
2. Dialogue-driven. To facilitate an educative dialogue with our staff and partners worldwide, on Transformational Development and holistic ministry.
3. Quality Programs. To align program implementation with our desired ministry approach.
4. Professional Support. To strengthen support offices to perform and become more program focussed.
5. Learning & Linking. To be(come) a learning organization.
6. Resource Mobilization. To mobilize additional local, regional and international resources.